Look what I get to babysit. LOL

Acre of Blessings

Canning/Sewing Addict
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Axton, VA
Six Peking ducks and I get to have 2 of them when the owners get back. How can I tell the Male from the Female?

My hubby has been telling me No for a month now. Finally, today, when they were brought over to stay for a week, my hubby gave in while watching them play. I want a male and female though cause I want to raise some babies. Can you help me? If you need a better pic let me know.

Family001-13.jpg

Family002-12.jpg

Family011-4.jpg

Family012-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
they are cute! the only thing we could tell about gender this young was the quack. the females are louder!! and the drake will get a curl in his tail when he is bigger. and quacks real soft.
I love ducks!!!

WELLLLLL, when they are about 6 weeks old, you can tell the males from females by the sounds they make. Females go "QUACK! QUACK QUACK QUACK!" and males just "whisper" a lot, no quacking.

Have fun!

smile.png

O.K. terrielacy, help me out here. 2 of the ducks have a deep quack and the others have a quack that has a louder pitch. Does this say anything as to the 2 being male or female?

the ones with the softer quack are males the ones with the louder quack are females.

is this your first ducks if so congrats
clap.gif

duckman

Yes, duckman, these will be my first ducks. They are so funny to watch
lau.gif

O.K. 2 of the ducks have a deep quack. What are they?

Last edited by a moderator:
you will love them and they will never get boring to watch. have fun with ducks.
ya.gif

deep quackers are "drakes". (males)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom