Look What I got In the Mail Today!!! I was so excited!!!

aberfitch

Songster
14 Years
Mar 24, 2008
Texas Fort Worth
I have never got a package like this. AND it was marked Fragile Hatching eggs!

sad.png

d4c18778.jpg

361a6839.jpg

08473a38.jpg

1b2cf0a6.jpg

a759ed21.jpg

Last edited:
It's in a sad state, for sure. Doesn't surprise me. I just had a communications about this with someone through emailings. I purchased some eggs to hatch from him recently. He stated that the times that he shipped eggs out and labled them
"fraigle" or "hatching eggs" is when the packages were inflicted with the most damage. Like, purposely.
However, not-so-quick to blame the USPS as I heard priority mailings are handled by an independent shipping company under recent contract with US government. Incidently, they are not customer friendly ever since they won the bid on contract for postal related deliveries.

Get this: My package started out in Dayton, OH. Gets sent to Memphis, TN. Then is shipped to Chillicothe, OH. How's that for efficiency. ???

I didn't know about the new contract. No wonder packages seem to be more dinged up these day. I wish they had insurance to where... if there is any damage inflicted on they box they will have to pay back the shipping and the value of the items in the box. The insurance right now you got to file a claim and then wait a month or 2 before any responce.

I got live fish in the mail today, baby guppies, the box was marked live fish, handle with care and this side up, I watched the mail lady put them in the mail box upside down, Thank God they were all ok, all 9 babies were alive and well.

3 weeks ago I got eggs from FL and the box was very well marked, fragile-- hatching eggs, the box had a big hole in the side, the box had been upside down and 9 of the 12 eggs were smashed.

Its such a shame the way some boxes are handled

Back
Top Bottom