Look what i got today!! :D

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Reurra, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Reurra

Reurra Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2012
    Nova Scotia
    CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are my new cornish chicks...dont know what kind of cornish, just they thaey are supposed to be the type used for cornish X meat birds. They seem to have pea combs.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  2. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Aw so cute!! Congratulations!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. kynewbchickie

kynewbchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

They are ADORABLE!!! I love their coloring!!![​IMG]

4. Reurra

Apr 11, 2012
    Nova Scotia
    So they are eating and sleeping and pooping....but when they poop, it looks normal and solid, but its sticking to their butt.....should I be worried.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  5. 1cityslicker

1cityslicker Out Of The Brooder

Aug 2, 2012
    Ferndale, WA
    Just make sure to soak their butt with warm water then gently wipe the doo doo off. Our first run of chicks last year didn't have an issue but the one mottled java we got this year did. I just regularly check them for it.

6. kynewbchickie

kynewbchickie Chillin' With My Peeps

I've got 4-5 that have been getting rather pasty - been diligent about soaking and cleaning and drying. This seems to have made an otherwise docile-breed flock rather flighty. :/

7. Reurra

Apr 11, 2012
    Nova Scotia
    My babies were hatched sunday, so im letting them get used to things before I start handling them. I just got them on Wednesday. The poo is not pasty, its solid. i think its what they dropped in the box they were in when i drove them here, only it stuck to them.

They are all so pretty! 2 of them have what looks like 3 rows of comb and 2 look like single comb...that last one Im not so sure. One of them is more yellow than the rest and has almost no comb at all. I hope i get some hens out of these! They will be breeders!

But gosh they are too cute!!

How well do Cornish do in winter??

8. Kitty990

Kitty990 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 24, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    if you guys are having problems with 'pasty butt' then check out this forum https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/749098/poopie-butt/10

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by