Crowing
12 Years
Apr 11, 2012
Nova Scotia
CUTENESS OVERLOAD!!!!!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
love.gif

These are my new cornish chicks...dont know what kind of cornish, just they thaey are supposed to be the type used for cornish X meat birds. They seem to have pea combs.

Last edited:
So they are eating and sleeping and pooping....but when they poop, it looks normal and solid, but its sticking to their butt.....should I be worried.

Last edited:
Just make sure to soak their butt with warm water then gently wipe the doo doo off. Our first run of chicks last year didn't have an issue but the one mottled java we got this year did. I just regularly check them for it.

My babies were hatched sunday, so im letting them get used to things before I start handling them. I just got them on Wednesday. The poo is not pasty, its solid. i think its what they dropped in the box they were in when i drove them here, only it stuck to them.

They are all so pretty! 2 of them have what looks like 3 rows of comb and 2 look like single comb...that last one Im not so sure. One of them is more yellow than the rest and has almost no comb at all. I hope i get some hens out of these! They will be breeders!

But gosh they are too cute!!

How well do Cornish do in winter??

Back
Top Bottom