LOOK What We Got Today....!!!

Yea he's got that adorable baby fuzz still and he is just too cute for words!! I'd bet he is closer to 8-10 weeks. He is going to be an awesomly huge pup
smile.png

Great training tips Lil Red... we will get the crate training going pronto. Sometimes now he is at a loss of what to do with himself if we are watching tv or whatnot. He whines for attention which we give him, but he wanders around the house too like he's looking for something. He has not soiled the house today at all. I've let him go "outside" 3 times, and each time he either peed or pooped. I think the key to good potty training when they are young is to let them out often and praise the heck out of them with a treat when they do what they're supposed to do. I've trained 2 before in my life, and that worked both times before and seems to be working now.

Keeping him on a short leash... well, maybe, but I definitely see that 'independent' streak in him that someone else pointed out. He comes when he wants to...
sad.png
We'll work on that.

He is a beauty looks to be about 8 to 10 weeks old.
I have the same cross he is a wonderful farm dog and he is a very big guy.
here he is at 18 months old and he is still filling out.
eli8201118months.jpg

I have a litter of pups from my male and they all are dutch marked like him i kept 2 .
This is him at 6 months he is the biggest pup i have ever owned and man did he use to eat,thought everything was food even baby chicks,kittens and such, i had to feed him 3 times a day to keep him full and he learned that other animals were not food just cause he was hungry.
elia6monthsold.jpg

Keep us posted on his growth and development he sure is perty.

Quote:
Good one! We'll make a point of doing the corrections like that! Right now, he's into "oh, I just love you so much I have to nibble on you"... with his sharp little teeth. Puppies. Chew toys galore and he wants to nibble on my hand!

When he nibbles on your hand (or anything attached to your body, including pant legs, shoes that you're wearing, etc) yell "OUCH!" and pull back slightly. The ouch should sound a lot like YEOWCH. He'll get the point that ouch = hurt = stop.

That is how the obedience trainer got J's rottie pup to stop nibbling on the kids' hands.

Quote:
Oh my gosh! Your guy is so handsome! And I can't believe how similar they are including the facial pattern.... freckles across the nose, etc. Here is a close up of our guy, compare it to yours:

utf-8BSU1HMDA4NDktMjAxMTEwMTktMjA1MC5qcGc.jpg

Back
Top Bottom