LOOK What We Got Today....!!!

Quote:
Oh yeah, not just size, but with that baby face, he's maybe ten weeks old. At four months, he'd be getting lanky and getting hard guard hairs along his spine, looking a little like a wavy mohawk (not a spiked one, lol).

We're thinking more like 10 weeks too!

Good news to report on Max and the girls! We held one of the girls (she didn't like it a bit) and let Max smell her, then put her back with the others in the run. After he was 'over' meeting the species he'd never seen before, he went about playing happily around the yard. And slowly, the girls came out from hiding and went about their business in the run as well. Now it's like "pffft - big deal, so what, who cares".... I think I hear a melody there.
yippiechickie.gif

Quote:
Thanks for the advice, WDs. We're taking in everything and with a little luck and getting to know our puppy, I'm sure we will find the right things to do that works for him.. and us! I don't think I'm going to allow him access to the girls for quite some time, until he gets older. But, if things go well, we might bring two or three out to see how they deal with him and vice versa. We'll be sure to watch him closely if we do.
wink.png

He sure is beautiful!!! You will not have any regrets getting him....I have a Pyr that it two...he favors him a lot...they are cute puppies!!! Below are pics of mine as baby and adult
lol.png

Hunter at about 8 weeks old

71014_phone_pics_2_030.jpg

This was taken a few month ago

71014_hunter.jpg

Ours is a house dog...but he goes out with us to do our outside chores....doesnt bother the birds one bit...acts like they are not even there!
yippiechickie.gif

What a handsome fella! Yes, I think GP owners will all agree - they are a joy! I love the pictures everyone is posting showing the different ages and the different ways they turn out. I know we are going to have a handsome, loyal family member here. And my girls will learn to love him.....
wink.png

Quote:
Oh yeah, not just size, but with that baby face, he's maybe ten weeks old. At four months, he'd be getting lanky and getting hard guard hairs along his spine, looking a little like a wavy mohawk (not a spiked one, lol).

We're thinking more like 10 weeks too!

Ha! You were right carolinagirl58. Got an email today with vet records and he is just now 11 weeks old.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Day Two

We found out today that Max's real age is 11 weeks old. We had thought he was 4 months before.

We are learning our puppy and he is learning us. He is a very independent little guy. We are finding out that he prefers the outside all the time! Yes, he is much happier outside than in. Yesterday, he whined quite a bit while inside, but when he was outside... walla! Pure bliss. We left him out last night all night long. He has a dog house and food & water real close to the house where we can see him right out our window. Never heard a peep from him! He loved it!

During the day, we will miss him and go looking for him, and he is off in a quiet spot laying down. When he's tired, no amount of calling him gets him up either! But when he wants to, he follows hub around the yard, happily digging or chewing on things that don't upset me!
clap.gif

We had a training session today with the girls. We are quite sure that Max is learning that these birds are part of the 'family' he will be expected to guard when he gets a little more meat on those little bones.

Here's Max getting a bird's eye view of them, while they get a little more used to him:

utf-8BSU1HMDA4NTUtMjAxMTEwMjEtMTY0MS5qcGc.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom