1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Look what you all did!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by silkiechicken, Aug 2, 2007.

1. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

After seeing so many chicks I couldn't help it!

[​IMG]

Now I'm going to hatch more chicks too!!! These will all be mixes. Also have 4 silkie eggs in the bator.... YAY for chickens!

2. janet2802

janet2802 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2007
    Elizabeth, Colorado
    Very cool idea!

3. plester01

plester01 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2007
    Foreman,AR
    Way to go!!! The more the merrier! I wish I could have more but will either have to enlarge my coop or build a second one.[​IMG][​IMG]:love

4. Fancy Feather Poultry

Fancy Feather Poultry Cooped Up

May 30, 2007
    You didnt write that in ink did you?. Hopefully you wrote that in pencil

5. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I actually got that dozen eggs from the lady I originally got my rooster from. I don't think she knew not to use ink but I don't anticipate any problems. I write on my eggs with pencil because I know ink can soak in and was a bit surprised when I saw them written on with ink. I personally haven't had a problem with eggs hatching after they have been written on with ink though... I remember on some shells, after they hatched, you could see the ink had soaked into the inside of the shell!

I don't recommend ink on shells though if it can be helped.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by