Look what's inside my Top Hatch!!

Thanks everyone...so far so good. I'm so thrilled that I have this incubator placed on my kitchen counter!

My hubby even got envolved in this hatch..he put in an outdoor themometer that is wireless and it reads from my bedroom alarm clock! I wake up in the middle of the night and roll over to see the temp in my 'bator. That is sick people! Sick, I tell ya.
big_smile.png

OMG! Another one has gone over the edge.. Claudia I thought you were just teetering on the edge.
lau.gif
gig.gif
Maybe I should have encouraged you on the smaller incubator for quantity control.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Last edited:
I have the same type of incubator full and due to hatch on Friday.. Do you have problems keeping your temp. stable? I did until I wrapped the sides in bubble wrap!
I also leave mine off the crank shaft and just turn the eggs by slightly moving the bator on its base. I also have reached in and used the tray to roll them....

Lordy, whatcha gonna do with 48 chicks or chickens? or are you going for the triple-50% rule? 50% hatch and of those chicks 50% will be roos and 50% will be pullets. Thats how i explain to my DH too many eggs in the bator.

Well, BSC is Black Standard Cochin..I have no idea if it should be abbrivated that way, I grabbed that one from the air-LOL

Hey Majestic- Homedics makes it, it's an alarm clock and there is a little device that looks just about like those little hydrometers we all keep in our incubators and you hang it outside within so many feet from your alarm clock. That little device sends a signal to the base clock and gives you a reading of you home temp and outside temp. Only now mine gives me the home temp and incubator temp. Now, it's a little off but I know to add 2 degrees to it. I think Wal-Mart carried them a couple years ago. I love it!

Hey conny63...I like that one! Anything to get me off hook with the hubby! But I think now he's just about given up. Telling me to lay off the chicks would be like talking to a pine tree.

Back
Top Bottom