Look who came for breakfast, 2 pics

Quote:
That was my first thought too, LOL!

We run trot lines baited with chicken necks in the swamp down the road from our property every spring when the water is high and catch em as big or bigger to stock the freezer. Trust me, you can get many good fillet's from one that size.

We fry up a batch and serve with a pot of grits, tomato gravy and hushpuppies. Or, I'll make a batch of catfish stew or BBQ some in the oven. YUMMY!

Glad yall like the pics. My MIL has been here over 20 years & we've haven't ever gone fishing. Gosh knows what we might catch if we did.

I've posted pics on here before of a big snake who bolted out of the water onto our bank with a small catfish in its mouth before. That was one of the coolest sights I've ever seen.

Mr.Catfish has been showing up for about three weeks.I've spend two weeks trying to get his pic...he was camera shy at first.
gig.gif

WOW, a 47 lb catfish,that is amazing. I wonder how old they are when they get that big.

Very cool pic!!! The most i see here is the occasional whopper of a snapping turtle taking the entire day to cross the backyard.
10663_img_0239.jpg

10663_img_0236.jpg

His shell was the size of a large dinner plate. I thought it looked neat with the duckweed still on his back from a pond we have in the neighborhood.

ep.gif
I love me some catfish!!! They are a pain to clean though!

I say he's better right there where it is... could you imagine the sting that guy could whollop you with? And catfish ALWAYS without fail swallow my hook.

That snapper is probably a girl looking for a nest spot and at that size she is probably very old! Great pic.

I have left over catfish for lunch today. Mmm, breaded and pan fried in a bit of olive oil.

Quote:
You are probably right , i have never sexed a turtle before... It was hard enough to get that close without getting my leg chewed off lol. kinda looks like its smiling but it was hissing at me. We live across the street from a pond on one side and a lake on the other, i believe she/he was trying to make it from the pond to the lake.

I am soooo jealous! Just love your place,so much wildlife and hardly any winter. Sounds like heaven to me. Eating that cat would be like eating a pet. Besides the smaller ones are better eating,at least for me.

That snapper looks like it's this ones cousin,lol It came up in the yard a couple of summers ago.

216_100_0891.jpg

Here's a some pics of the diamondback water snake eating a small catfish, for those who haven't seen them yet.

216_100_2687.jpg

216_100_2688.jpg

Back
Top Bottom