Look who came to visit! (pics)

birdnutz

Songster
12 Years
Mar 6, 2007
wyoming
At first I thought my geese had wandered far. But these guys and a gal got lucky on the hunt. A rabbit,thank goodness,since every one was out today. They sue had every one in an uproar. There was a pair plus one. Couldn't get them fighting though, no matter how hard I tried. I want a new lens for my camera!!
eagles017.jpg

eagles010.jpg

eagles012.jpg

OH MY!!!!
th.gif
They are stunning!!!! My husband would probably lop off his right arm to get the chance to be so close to those guys! So glad they had other dinner plans besides your birds!!!
smile.png

They are bald eagles. There have been TONS of them around this winter. Plus golden eagles and hawks of all kinds. We still have geese flying in V formation. Actually had some go over while we were taking pics of the eagles. I guess nobody felt like they had to go south anymore. I sure want to!!

I am so impressed. I love them and would start sending small rodent/rabbits out into that field to be able to watch the eagles so very close!

In my mom's last letter to me she described fishing for salmon in Alaska and seeing Bald Eagles and Bears "fishing" in the same river. It is a scene I hold dear since she passed away on the trip back to So Cal.

[should I add that she passed on my birthday on her way back to be here for my DD's first birthday? Naw, that would be too sad]

I love the vision I have of her fishing on the banks of a river with bald eagles and bears - likely grizzly - nearby.

Last edited:
Quote:
th.gif
what debi? you couldn't tell?

well, I guess they are my state bird...doesn't cali have any of them for you to see?

me,
g

Quote:
oh no! really? what happened if you don't mind me asking? and how long has it been since she's been gone?

I lost my dad in 2000 at age 64. Still miss him.

Hugs to you.

And I do love the last image you have of your mom. That's a wonderful image.

Take care,
Gretch

I took an ornithology course one of my college years.

I saw somewhere around 9 bald eagles in a span of 1 hour...we were at a hot spot for their feeding grounds...got to watch them scoop down and go fishing. Several juveniles with the brown heads yet to turn white and then grown ones too. Very exciting time.

Love the photos.

me,
g

Very nice pics, I never am near a camera when I saw some.

Just go to show rather eat a rabbit than a birds.

Almost forgot the post were rabbits are to fast. Guess the eagles didnt know that!

Quote:
th.gif
what debi? you couldn't tell?

well, I guess they are my state bird...doesn't cali have any of them for you to see?

me,
g

Not only your state bird, but the National Bird of the USA

Back
Top Bottom