Looking for 3 eggs to hatch...

pkforever

Songster
9 Years
Mar 8, 2010
Oregon
Hello! I am a first time hatcher and am anxiously awaiting my incubator to get here, any day now!! But I have one tiny problem, I just need 3 eggs. And every where I look they only sell them in the dozens or half dozen. And I don't want to waste 3 eggs that could have a potential life. I really don't care what breed of chick I get, I'm looking for good egg layers though. Anyone have any ideas?
Thank you!
Katie

first
welcome-byc.gif

Are you only wanting 3 eggs because you only want 3 chicks, or because your incubator can only hold 3? If it's because you only want 3 chicks, then I would say, incubate a 1/2 dozen, because you may not get them all to hatch, especially if they are shipped, the average hatch is 50% for shipped eggs, then give away or sell any extras. Also fertile eggs can be eaten, so you could eat the extras.

Good Luck!
fl.gif

Last edited:
Hi,,, I can send you 3 mutt eggs.. got a dozen in the bator now and saw veins in almost all of them at day 5.. probably be 8-10 to ship usps priority though.. I'd give you a dozen and you can toss or eat the ones you dont want.. grin.. you'd want to candle them and make sure none have loose membrane before setting..

I'd love to send you 3 of my Turken mutt eggs, to test. They are supposed to be decent layers, and they are friendly and docile birds.

The only problem is that I'm clear across the country, and I don't know if they would ship the best. I've not had the best luck in the past with shipped eggs, especially from that far of a distance.

Quote:
I didn't know Trader Joe's had them! And yeah its the little dome one that I got. That sucks that it's not very good... I guess I should have been willing to spend the extra money on a better one.
hmm.png
So yes it only holds 3 eggs, so I'm only looking for 3. I have found a couple people that said they could send me some so I think I will try that first. Thank you all very much for your help!

Back
Top Bottom