1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Looking for a book??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Dixiedoodle, May 1, 2007.

1. Dixiedoodle

Dixiedoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2007
    I read about a book, written like "Out of Africa", BUT it's about chickens/poultry..Does anyone know the author or the name of the book... Thanks for any and all help. Dixie

2. Dixiedoodle

Apr 14, 2007
    I found the name of it: "Still Life with Chickens, Starting Over in a House By The Sea" by C. Goldhammer. Has anyone read it?? Worth 2$?? I was told it was good read for the beach!! Thanks Dixie

3. hencackle

hencackle Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Telford, TN
    That book was written by the BYC member, Heron. I thought it was a good book, definitely one to take to the beach.
    Stephanie

4. thechickenfarmer

thechickenfarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    Connecticut
    I enjoyed it also but I can't say it's anything like "Out of Africa". Worth the money for sure. [​IMG]

5. Dixiedoodle

Apr 14, 2007
    I ordered the book.. Looking forward to getting it..Thanks for the input..Dixie

6. robbobbin

robbobbin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 28, 2007
    Yes, it's an excellent read!

7. Dixiedoodle

Apr 14, 2007
    I got the book from my favorite online bookstore. It arrived in three days! It was an easy read, with light heartedness--that made you say--I can do this. I enjoyed it, so -- I ordered another one for my friend..... Dixie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by