looking for a home for pet chicken FREE, NY/NJ

AHappychick

Wanna-be Farmer
11 Years
Dec 16, 2008
westchester
I have a 7 week old EE pullit "Gimpy" I believe with one splaid leg, the other leg is fine. It is a very small bird (about the size of my hand)but otherwise healthy and VERY friendly. I was going to cull it but my sister asked me not to but come to find out that she is VERY allergic to it and so is a child in her classroom so she can not adopt it.

It has been to the vet and will probably always be a very small chook and can not live with other chickens because it gets picked on. I use it now as a sort of brooder for my week old chicks but once the chicks get too big I have to switch them out for new little ones so gimpy does not get stepped on.

Here is the problem: this chicken deserves a good life and I would like to give it one but havent the time to give it the attention it would need for a happy life. I can really picture this chicken on someones lap while watching TV. I would love for a child to adopt it or a family that could keep it indoors more like a pet. If there is anyone around who thinks they might be interested please let me know. This chicken would be free of course.

Westchester NY, New Rochelle to be exact (but dont tell is a secret
gig.gif
) , but my SO lives in Boonton NJ so I could bring the bird there for pick up as well.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom