Looking for a Horse

Willowspirit

Crowing
Mar 14, 2019
Near Portland Oregon at 2Dogs Ranch North
I wish i could go to some tractor supply type place and order a horse to come in the mail. Maybe pony express?

I am on sales lists and leafing through Craigslist only to find the horse that would be perfect is a six hour drive away. A girl trainer is looking in Texas. It might be easier to buy there and ship since she knows exactly what i want and how i ride.

Seeing a nice horse on Saturday and then as many as four next week. We so lucked out on buying the horses we own. I'd like to be that lucky again. Work! Work! Work!

Our first horse, Buddy. He is mostly lame from arthritis and 26 years old. He is beyond cool! He's also blind in one or both eyes.
2016-04-08 16.08.15.jpg

My sweet beautiful and mostly retired mare is behind him scarfing up hay. She loves her groceries!

Perfect!

There are TONS of horse sales groups on Facebook. Most are by state. I found this one in Oregon quickly and it’s pretty big!

The beauty is two fold, you can brows and watch new posts to view horses, but you can post what you want! I found a fabulous kids horse for a friend by simply posting what she wanted and her budget. Got lots of replies of people showing me their horses.

Perfect!

There are TONS of horse sales groups on Facebook. Most are by state. I found this one in Oregon quickly and it’s pretty big!

The beauty is two fold, you can brows and watch new posts to view horses, but you can post what you want! I found a fabulous kids horse for a friend by simply posting what she wanted and her budget. Got lots of replies of people showing me their horses.

I've been in a group that is sales for the PNW. I'll find a terrific horse look up its location on a map and it's six hours away. :th
I did post a want which is how i got a short list of horses to see.

But this is really a thread about life in a completely new place and lifestyle. We moved from locked in southern CA suburbia to a small farm in the middle of nowhere. We don't even get pizza delivery here!! :rant:gig:gig we love it but it's surprising how hard it is to do simple things. Like buy a horse!

I'm excited though because I'm going to hire a stall cleaner and horse care assistant today!:fl

We got our first delivery here a couple of months ago, a Chinese restaurant, and I felt like I won the lottery. :D

What breed of horses do you have? I’ve got two gaited horses, Missouri Fox Trotters, and then three quarter horse rescues.

We got our first delivery here a couple of months ago, a Chinese restaurant, and I felt like I won the lottery. :D

What breed of horses do you have? I’ve got two gaited horses, Missouri Fox Trotters, and then three quarter horse rescues.

We could have Dominoes deliver to the parking lot of the Yankton Store. :lau

Okay so when i first got back into horses as an adult the barn where i rode had an old Missouri Fox Trotter. I was so in love with him! I would love to have one! The one i found online today was sold.

So what we have in horses are Buddy who was probably a cowboy horse from Idaho. He has a single footed gait. Unfortunately he is lame from arthritis now. But he's a very good boy.

I have a little retired hunter jumper mare. She is a clown! And pushy! But she's also incredibly sweet. Her name is Veronica.

My hubby just started competing in what I call "horse camping". It involves a lot of technique and meticulous horse care. When Buddy came up lame he ended up buying a nice, lively been there done that horse. Callahan is a spotted saddle horse.

Part of the reAson we moved here was to get the horses home and where they have room. They love it here too!

Omg! Ive been blabbing away and it's time to do the chicken chores!

Back
Top Bottom