Looking for a loving re-home for our Blue Cuckoo Maran Rooster! Please Help!!

maran_momma

Hatching
Jun 22, 2023
Greetings, fellow chicken care-takers! We adopted three adorable Blue Cuckoo Maran as chicks, and have been happily raising them for the past several months. Despite being promised they were already sexed as females, you guessed it - we have a handsome growing rooster on our hands. We would love to keep him, as he has become a special part of our family, however we found that it violates code laws in our neighborhood. We really don't want to send him away to become Chick-fil-A, but want to find him a new loving home where he could be cared for. Would anyone be willing to adopt our rooster, Sterling? We also welcome any suggestions, as we are first-time chicken raisers ourselves. Thank you so much!!!

Sterling.jpg

If you want to try to get lucky here and find an adoptive home, I would suggest posting your state and closest city.

I would also suggest posting on Craigslist and FB marketplace - next door if you are a member.

Good luck! đź’•

Try listing him on as many different platforms as possible. And make sure you put ever good thing you can think of about him in the ads, as well as any small shortcomings.
Try to sound honest, open, but don't put in unnecessary waffle.
(this is just how I have had the most luck re-homing animals)
And specify that you don't want him to go into the crock pot, or as I like to put it, 'he is to good to go in the pot, so looking for a home where he can be a flock master'

Try listing him on as many different platforms as possible. And make sure you put ever good thing you can think of about him in the ads, as well as any small shortcomings.
Try to sound honest, open, but don't put in unnecessary waffle.
(this is just how I have had the most luck re-homing animals)
And specify that you don't want him to go into the crock pot, or as I like to put it, 'he is to good to go in the pot, so looking for a home where he can be a flock master'

Thank you so much, that is helpful!! I like that phrase lol. He is healthy and protective, but definitely not aggressive as we have given him lots of love and holding since he was a chick. I will include more details on other platforms as well, thanks again!

Greetings, fellow chicken care-takers! We adopted three adorable Blue Cuckoo Maran as chicks, and have been happily raising them for the past several months. Despite being promised they were already sexed as females, you guessed it - we have a handsome growing rooster on our hands. We would love to keep him, as he has become a special part of our family, however we found that it violates code laws in our neighborhood. We really don't want to send him away to become Chick-fil-A, but want to find him a new loving home where he could be cared for. Would anyone be willing to adopt our rooster, Sterling? We also welcome any suggestions, as we are first-time chicken raisers ourselves. Thank you so much!!!

View attachment 3552350
Any chance you still need a home for him? I’d like a rooster but have had vicious ones in the past so I’m looking for one that is proven friendly. I’m in Sacramento county.

Back
Top Bottom