looking for a Silkie breeder in alabama! Please help me out!

I have blue and splash ameraucanas, as well as assorted easter eggers. My ameraucana pen has a splash rooster over black and blue girls. My original stock came from Riddick and Garner. They are pure ameraucanas.
The easter egger pen has a black ameraucana rooster over an assortment of hens (orpington, welsummer, wyandotte, barred rock). I also have a couple of barred rocks in with the splash ameraucana rooster. The black roo tends to throw solid black girls and barred or patterned boys. The splash roo is new so I have no idea what the barred/splash combo will do. I will likely hatch out a few of those early on in the season just to see what happens.
smile.png
My easter eggers tend to lay green, but I do get the rare brown egg layer out of that lot. There is a random gene floating around in the mix somewhere. That's it other than the buff silkies.

Price depends on age and breed. AMs and EEs grown, but not laying, hens sell for $10-15. Point of lay hens sell for $20. I generally just give the roosters away.

Silkies have ranged from $20 to $80+ for pullets and $10-$40 for cockerals. That all depends on how close to standard they are. These that are showing a lot of black in their tails and topknots will sell at the low end of the spectrum. They are not any where near show quality. They'd make great pets though. They are all really good-natured.

I'll start hatching AMs and EEs in the next month. I generally can make a pretty good guess at gender at about 2 months. I start selling them at some point after that. If you wanted to do a straight run order of AMs and EEs we could probably work something out as well.

This weekend is supposed to be pretty, so I'll try to get out there with a camera.

Back
Top Bottom