looking for an incubator...

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by mrsengeseth, Oct 4, 2008.

1. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

I have little cash to work with, but I do have 20 bucks squirreld away. Probably a long shot, huh?

2. timbofarms

timbofarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
    what kind of bator are you lookin for

3. mrsengeseth

any kind that isn't the homemade one i made, lol. it's giving me panic attacks because i can't feel the temps are reliable. really, im not going to be picky. any incubator (apart from my own) should be great.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2008
  4. timbofarms

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
    i spent alot of money buying new prebuilt bators like the sportsman and one of the styro foam bators i baught from tractor supply. I wished i would have built one and saved tons. now the styro bator is taking up closet space collecting dust. The sportsman is great but there is nothing to it except $700. so, just thank about what its worth to u.

5. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

Quote:Too bad shipping would kill me otherwise, I'd buy that styrobator from you. I need a second one for a hatcher...

6. mrsengeseth

i would love a plain old styrofoam bator. any kind would be great, like I said. Im just afraid I am not going to get too far with twenty bucks, ya know?

7. Poulets De Cajun

for another $20, you can go down to Tractor Supply and pick up an LG 9200 still air.... it can be tempermental, but its a great little incubator to start with.

8. mrsengeseth

well, shoot. the nearest Tractor supply is in kansas. a state away.

9. Poulets De Cajun

have you tried craigslist in your area?

10. timbofarms

Jun 11, 2008
    Humboldt/West TN
    u'll need to experiment with the styro foam bators, so be patient and i wish you the best of luck. If you go buy one and you need any help just hollar at me i'll help all i can.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by