May 18, 2020
Hey all! I am currently rehabbing a baby Starling. I would really love to have some more of them as they make great pets! I live in Nashville Tennessee, but would be willing to travel a little to find some! Any leads would be appreciated!

1. Typically(not in this case), unless you have a rehab license for wildlife(specifically birds) it's illegal to take home and raise a baby bird. On the federal level. Big no no.
2. I can't imagine you finding a source for more of these. Unless you are a rehabber and advertise so people know to bring stuff to you, it would be difficult to find baby starlings that random people just happen to have.
3. With all that said... starlings are an invasive and non-native species so they are NOT protected. While I wouldn't typically encourage this in any way, starlings are a nuisance bird... (oh, this is as long as you're 100% sure they are European Starlings) it would be perfectly legal for you to collect adult or young starlings on your own.

Hey all! I am currently rehabbing a baby Starling. I would really love to have some more of them as they make great pets! I live in Nashville Tennessee, but would be willing to travel a little to find some! Any leads would be appreciated!
I have 4 Fledglings if you want one you can have one. I have more in a hole in the house that the siding guys are going to cover that I cant get out if you can get those out before they cover the hole without tearing the house up you can have those also. But You have like literally a day or two

I have a ton that are basically all over my yard and find anyway to make a home in the gutters of my house

Contact a wildlife rehabber and ask if you can take the starlings that are brought in, most starlings are put down by rehabbers since they are invasive I bet they probably wouldn't mind giving you some.

Back
Top Bottom