Looking for Black Silkies

JCoogle

Songster
10 Years
Dec 9, 2009
South Central Kentucky
I am looking for pure Black Silkies or hatching eggs. I do not need Blacks from a BBS pin. I am wanting to start a project and need pure blacks. I am near Bowling Green Ky and willing to drive a little ways for chicks or even larger birds, a nice rooster and a hen or two would be great. If you have eggs please let me know how much your are asking and the shipping cost. Thank you all.

You may try destiny_56085 she has blacks but has a waiting list but beautiful birds..Thats where I got my blacks from..Good luck
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Silly you..LOL!! ( feel I can say that since I know you)

I have Blacks..babies and a black hen who is laying.

Are yours from pure black or BBS?

Thank you cityslickers!!!! Its taken a while, but they are finally turning alot of heads in the show rings. Alot of it is due to the great additions from some very notable breeders over the past few years. There's been alot of planning put into the breeding pens, tons of chicks raised, and only the best held back. This year on the blacks I'll be working with 24 hens/pullets and 3 cocks/cockerels in the black only pens. I'm also using 4 of my other best black pullets crossed on the splash cockerel from my show string for hopefully some awesome blues. Every single one of these birds in my breeding pens has been shown multiple times at higher level shows. Tons of pics if you click on my website link. There are sub-albums with the breeding stock and examples of babies from the last 5 years. As for availability, there is a waiting list. I live in MN and its much to cold to safely ship until much later this spring. If you are willing to drive up here and pick them up, I can maybe squeeze in an available spot in late January. I am pregnant and due the first week of March. Incubators will be shut off in late February though end of March at least. I do have quite a lineup of people for when I can start shipping babies. I'm guessing it wil be at least the end of May or into June for availability here.
Amy - ASBC & NSBA State Rep

Quote:

They are separated from the others.

Quote:
They are separated from the others.

What you have for sale? How much you askin?

I have a guy coming tomorrow for Silkies..not sure what he is going to take. More hatching tomorrow. I'll have to get back to you on that.
And who knows..he may not show up..they do that sometimes..grr!!

Older ones are $4..babies are $3..sorry..forgot to add that. Note enough coffee yet I guess.

Last edited:
Well..this guy bought every Silkie I had..including the ones that were just out of the Bator. So I don't have any for a while. Hopefully you can get them from someone else. Otherwise, I can let you know when I have some more available.

Quote:

I'm blackeagle I have blacks and whites didn't u get my e.mail and my pm?

Back
Top Bottom