Looking for chicken feet recipes . . .

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by chickmashnoon, May 21, 2012.

1. okay, I know it sounds crazy but ever since I had chicken feet at a chinese restaurant during a trip, I have been thinking of saving my chicken feet to cook. Anyone have recipes? it doesn't need to be asian. Do they make decent broth? i know one of the things i liked about the restaurants' feet was the crispy chewy skin. If you are one of those people who like to nibble all the crispy skin off of the end of your hot wings[​IMG], you probably would have liked them too- that is if you can get over they still look like chicken feet.[​IMG]

So, anyone cook these?

2. micheller1210

micheller1210 Chirping

Apr 24, 2012
    Vancouver/Clark county
    no I have not eaten them, and I was going to suggest you look up asian recipes.....lol, I do like to take the fatty tail and bake it crispy, my confession of crispy fat.

3. Momagain1

Momagain1 Songster

Feb 13, 2011
    Central IL
    no, but I do buy them at our local butcher shop and use them to make chicken stock!

4. Momagain1 how many feet do you use to how much water?

BTW, hi neighbor! I'm central IL too [​IMG]

Micheller1210 there is just something about crispy fat & skin that is just tooo tasty :) I had an uncle who loved chicken butt and we would save all the fatty little tail bits for him when we BBQed :) gosh, I miss Uncle Bob.

5. ooptec

ooptec In the Brooder

Dec 6, 2008
    Hafford, SK, Canada
    hey,

Chicken feet are great, scald them when processing your birds and peel the outer skin off, then trim its little nails off.

I throw a bunch in when making chicken soup/broth and they make the stock soooooo rich. It's like drinking chicken jello lol.

We just serve them on the side and some make a cream sauce for them. I'd imagine tossed in asian or favorite sauce would be great too tho they never seem to make it that far around here.

cheers

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: