LOOKING FOR CHICKS IN HOUSTON,TX..

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by LaFitz, Sep 8, 2008.

1. LaFitz

LaFitz New Egg

Sep 8, 2008
    Hello, I am looking for little,yellow chicks.. I don't have any idea where I can buy...Can anybody help me.[​IMG]

2. Ladysonja

Ladysonja Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Porter, Texas
    Try visiting or calling Conroe Feeder Supply.

Conroe Feeder Supply
    100 S Main St
    Conroe, TX 77301
    (936) 756-5549ý
    (936) 441-5549ý

I purchased my chicks from them Mid-July.

As for little yellow chicks, they may grow up to be another color. They have Barred Rocks, Orphington Buffs, Rhode Island Reds, and many more.

I purchased mine at 10 weeks old between $3.40 & $3.50 each. From what they told me, they breed and hatch them on the property.

Give them a call before visiting depending on where you live in Houston to see if they have Chicks and what ages that are available.

Good Luck!

PS: [​IMG]

3. hlyndes

hlyndes Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2008
    H-Town Texas
    Check on Craigslist - there's almost always someone there.

Also, one of my favorite places to go is Wabash Feed and Antiques. They carry chickens year-round and usually have chicks, too. If not, ask for Devin to see if they are going to place an order. They order from Ideal, I think.
    http://www.wabashfeed.com/
    Wabash Antiques & Feed Store
    5701 Washington Ave
    Houston, TX 77007-5136
    Phone: (713) 863-8322

That place is awesome!

4. LindsayB

LindsayB Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    Cypress, Texas
    Go to the Wabash feed store. off of washington and TC jester. its in an odd place being so close to the inner city, but its been around forever. the people there are really nice and they have all different breeds of chicks, juvenilles and adults. I got 3 of my chickens from there.

5. hlyndes

hlyndes Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2008
    H-Town Texas
    Hehe, that's what I said!

I think we have more Houstonians showing up![​IMG]

6. Shogun99

Shogun99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2008
    Las Cruces, NM
    I have a few that will hatch on or about the 25th of the month. If you're patient, I can send you day old chicks in the mail. PM if you're interested ok?

Ryan

7. Foxhound lady

Foxhound lady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    TX baby!
    Conroe Feeders on Main St. as mentioned above. They have a shipment coming in from Ideal this Wednesday.

8. beerguzzler

beerguzzler Out Of The Brooder

Oct 3, 2008
    Houston TX
    I just called both today regarding hens that are already laying. They each have received their shipments this week. The prices between the two differ but not by much. I'll let you call them to determine which price you like compared to breed that have.

BTW, thanks to the folks that suggested these two locations. I am starting out and have no idea who to call.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by