Looking for Coturnix Quail Cages

BReeder!

Crossing the Road
6 Years
Mar 12, 2018
Plainfield, IL
My Coop
My Coop
I'm looking for a source for cages for coturnix quail. I need them to have pull out bottoms for cleaning so I can keep them indoors for the winter. I'm not trying to spend $40 for a small cage either. I keeping seeing crazy prices online. I need to house at least 50 quail, so I'm thinking several cages... Where do you buy your cages? I'd love an online source to order from if possible. I also have some farm supply stores near me like Farm & Fleet, Tractor Supply and Rural King if there's a specific item there that is a bargain.

If I have to build them, I will. I was hoping to find something though because I haven't had much free time lately and winter will be here before we know it.
Also, if you are against raising them in cages/on wire I understand your point of view but lack interest in hearing about it. So please don't use this thread as the opportunity to voice your opinion against raising them on wire. :D

I'm just starting with quail myself. I recently built cages, as I couldn't find anything available that I wanted. There are some good videos on Youtube about building quail cages. Good Luck!
I built 1 with a wood frame and 1/2 hardware cloth. What did you use? Pics? I would like to just crimp the HC together and not have to use the wood. Getting thick enough gauge at big box stores seems impossible though. I am thinking 16 gauge galvanized 1/2"x1" if I end up building the indoor ones.

Back
Top Bottom