Looking for Easter Eggers chicks

TwitchnChickens

Songster
Sep 6, 2019
Delaware
I want to get some Easter Eggers and olive Eggers to add to my flock but every where I look wants an order of 15 chicks. I only want 3 of each and add a roo so I might get fertile eggs later on. Where can I get them without paying more for less chicks? Thanks for all the help you guys have.

Have you source from local feed stores?
MyPetChicken has small order. But their shipping for express is expensive. I paid 55 dollars for 12 chicks!

if you don’t see any from feed stores, ask if they can do a special order for you when they plan to order more to replenished stock of baby chickens. Save you time and money.

There are some Tractor Supplies in Delaware. They normally carry Easter Eggers. At my local Tractor Supply, you can order chicks online and have them shipped to the store for you to pick up. Or keep calling daily to see if they have any that have arrived in the spring.

You can also order a nice assortment of 25 chicks. Keep the ones you want and sell the rest. It's no more work to raise 25 to 4 weeks as it is 3-4. Sell them at 4 weeks for $7-10. Recoup your costs and pay for your chicks. I can move 100's of chicks on CL.

Ditto on the local feed stores. My local TSC is supposed to start getting chicks in another week or two, and they frequently have Easter Eggers. Note: they are labeled “Americana” or sometimes incorrectly “Ameraucana”

I use Ideal poultry. They have free shipping and low minimum order ($30 worth, so about 7 chicks), and don't charge an outrageous small order fee. They have both EEs and OEs.

Meyer, My Pet Chicken, Cackle, and The Chick Hatchery also have small orders, but shipping and the small order fee is expensive. You could also try to find a local breeder.

Thank you so much. I don’t know how to find local breeders but will look into using Ideal breeders.

There are some Tractor Supplies in Delaware. They normally carry Easter Eggers. At my local Tractor Supply, you can order chicks online and have them shipped to the store for you to pick up. Or keep calling daily to see if they have any that have arrived in the spring.
Yes my local Tractor Supply gets chicks but I’ll have to wait until first week of March to see what they get in.

Have you source from local feed stores?
MyPetChicken has small order. But their shipping for express is expensive. I paid 55 dollars for 12 chicks!

if you don’t see any from feed stores, ask if they can do a special order for you when they plan to order more to replenished stock of baby chickens. Save you time and money.
That’s better than the $82 the other hatchery wants for 7 chicks. I’ll have to wait to see what the local TSC gets in for this spring.

Back
Top Bottom