Looking for fertile eggs for my broody..... Close to Massachusetts

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Layin Eggs, May 9, 2009.

1. Layin Eggs

Layin Eggs Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2007
    South Eastern, MA
    Hello fellow chicken addicts,

I was hoping to find someone in my area that has 6-12 fertile eggs for my broody hen. poor girl is trying to set a clutch but little does she know our eggs aren't fertile. I was hoping to find a few that I could let her try and hatch so she can get the broodiness out of her system.
    Please respond with breed type, your location and possible shipping cost. Thanks

I have also put a post on Craigslist for my area so hopefully i can find someone local to pick them up instead of shipping.

Thanks, Lisa

2. dftkarin

dftkarin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 27, 2008
    I'm in western Mass and also looking for just a few fertile eggs to put under my broody hen. I only want 3-4 and if I could get them close enough to home, that would feel good.

3. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    I can send you both eggs just for the cost of shipping. I have a pen with RIR, Amerucanas running togther....

joni

4. Layin Eggs

Nov 4, 2007
    South Eastern, MA
    Thanks joni, but I am hoping for someone a bit closer than tennessee. If I can't find someone close I will keep you in mind.

5. Layin Eggs

Nov 4, 2007
    South Eastern, MA
    I just went an pick up a dozen Auraucana (sp?) eggs from a local farm he was selling chick but was willing to sell us a dz eggs. Hopefully my broody will take to them. She was sooooo not happy that we keep taking out the eggs. hope all goes well
    [​IMG]

6. baldie

baldie Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2008
    Douglas, MA
    Quote:Thats good. I was just gonna offer you some mutt eggs. [​IMG]

7. tate

tate Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2007
    some where in FL
    Quote:dont worry she is in tenn i live in mass and have gotten 2 orders from her and had 95%hatch on her eggs

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by