Looking for help please.

Maybe there is something toxic that mud? I believe I’d keep them out until the pond fills back up with water. There is something seriously wrong with that little one. How long again has she been like this? And are any of your other ducks showing the same symptoms? How old is she and what are you feeding her including supplements?

Maybe there is something toxic that mud? I believe I’d keep them out until the pond fills back up with water. There is something seriously wrong with that little one. How long again has she been like this? And are any of your other ducks showing the same symptoms? How old is she and what are you feeding her including supplements?

She is just a little over 2 years old. None of the others show any signs like this and since this happened none of them have been out of their pen. Today is 4 weeks she has been like this and she has lost a lot of weight. She does eat and drink. I give them all crumbles and meal worms as treats. I put her in a baby pool just so she can get clean, but she can't even prune her feathers. I just don't know what I can do for her. I need help.

@casportpony might know what this is. An how to help. If it was botulism by 4 weeks she’d most likely be dead. But if she did get into something toxic it could have caused some permanent damage. Any chance of a vet looking at her?

No chance of a vet. Do you think she may have had a stroke due to having her head under water for a period of time. I'm not sure how long she was under without air. I was only in the house for less than 2 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom