Looking for Help to determine the breed of chickens in my flock.

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Iamaqte, Oct 9, 2007.

1. Iamaqte

Iamaqte Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    Riegelsville, Pa
    Hi Everyone!
    I am starting to get a little more organized on my farm which is making my life so much easier! Anywho - I have about 50 chickens now (started out with 12 or so) and I am trying to make sheets up on the chickens that includes their age, breed, name, etc. So I can keep track of all my birds. That also will make is easier if i have problems with one breed over another or any health issues I may have with one bird. I just want to make it as detailed as possible so if something does happen I have all their information with in my grasp and dont have to go running to the internet searching and searching for simple answers.

I LOVE BYC, however with how much information there is I just can't seem to find a picture and simple description for breeds of chickens that I am looking for. I have posted my babies up a few times but I got so many different responses, it really didn't get me anywhere. I appreciate everyones responses... but I am looking for maybe another website that has a picture with a brief description of each breed of chicken. I know someone out there has to of come across a website that has this information.

Any help is greatly greatly appreciated!!

2. Country Gal

Country Gal Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2007
    Capac, MI
    Try the McMurray site... I think it's www.mcmurrayhatchery.com

It's kind of time consuming though, you have to click on each breed to get the photo and description. Or you can request one of their catalogs....

3. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by