looking for Impossible Pie

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by chickmashnoon, Nov 13, 2011.

1. chickmashnoon

chickmashnoon Chillin' With My Peeps

. . . . without coconut! I found one with coconut and loved it, but most my co-workers are not fans of coconut and I'll never stick to eating only one slice if I can't feed the rest to my coworkers under the guise of sharing [​IMG] and I need directions on making them w/o biscuit mix cause I'm trying to avoid prepackaged foods. Anyone?

2. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    This is my impossible peach pie recipe. I've made it with other fresh fruits (blackberries, Bing cherries) successfully, too.

2 cups sugar
    4 cups sliced fresh peaches
    1/2 to 1 stick butter (works fine with 1/2 stick but 1 stick gives a richer flavor)
    1-1/2 cups self rising flour
    1-1/2 cups milk

Melt butter in 13x9 pan. Whisk sugar, flour and milk together. Pour over butter. Place fruit on top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 - 40 minutes or til brown.

If you prefer not to buy self rising flour, mix 1 cup all purpose flour with 1-1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda to make one cup self rising flour.

3. Debbiedodo

Debbiedodo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2011
    White Cloud, MI
    Here is the Impossible Pumpkin Pie taken directly from an old Best of Bisquick Booklet. It is good.

1 can (16 oz) pumpkin
    1 can (13 oz) evaporated milk
    2 Tbl butter, softened
    2 eggs
    3/4 c sugar
    1/2 c Bisquick baking mix
    2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
    2 tsp vanilla

Heat oven to 350. Grease 9 or 10 inch pie plate. Beat all ingredients 1 minute in blender on high or 2 min with hand beater. Pour into plate. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes; cool.

To make it without packaged Bisquick, do a search for Bisquick substitutes or use the one on page 3 of the Almost Instant Bread thread a little above your Looking for Impossible Pie thread. Sorry I haven't figured out how to attach links yet.

4. willowbranchfarm

willowbranchfarm Chicken Boots

Oct 3, 2011
    Virginia
    My Coop
    Sounds wonderful. I want to make it. [​IMG]

5. weeders n feeders

weeders n feeders Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Charleston,SC
    Quote:That's my recipe for cobbler except I cut the sugar in half, put the fruit on the bottom after buttering the pan and drizzle butter on top. Great with any juicy fruit - peaches, blackberries, blueberries, etc.

6. chickmashnoon

chickmashnoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Thank you guys soo much! My Coworkers will thank you too [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by