looking for Impossible Pie

chickmashnoon

Songster
8 Years
Jun 3, 2011
Champaign County, Illinois
. . . . without coconut! I found one with coconut and loved it, but most my co-workers are not fans of coconut and I'll never stick to eating only one slice if I can't feed the rest to my coworkers under the guise of sharing
wink.png
and I need directions on making them w/o biscuit mix cause I'm trying to avoid prepackaged foods. Anyone?

This is my impossible peach pie recipe. I've made it with other fresh fruits (blackberries, Bing cherries) successfully, too.

2 cups sugar
4 cups sliced fresh peaches
1/2 to 1 stick butter (works fine with 1/2 stick but 1 stick gives a richer flavor)
1-1/2 cups self rising flour
1-1/2 cups milk

Melt butter in 13x9 pan. Whisk sugar, flour and milk together. Pour over butter. Place fruit on top. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 - 40 minutes or til brown.

If you prefer not to buy self rising flour, mix 1 cup all purpose flour with 1-1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda to make one cup self rising flour.

Here is the Impossible Pumpkin Pie taken directly from an old Best of Bisquick Booklet. It is good.

1 can (16 oz) pumpkin
1 can (13 oz) evaporated milk
2 Tbl butter, softened
2 eggs
3/4 c sugar
1/2 c Bisquick baking mix
2 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp vanilla

Heat oven to 350. Grease 9 or 10 inch pie plate. Beat all ingredients 1 minute in blender on high or 2 min with hand beater. Pour into plate. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes; cool.

To make it without packaged Bisquick, do a search for Bisquick substitutes or use the one on page 3 of the Almost Instant Bread thread a little above your Looking for Impossible Pie thread. Sorry I haven't figured out how to attach links yet.

Quote:
That's my recipe for cobbler except I cut the sugar in half, put the fruit on the bottom after buttering the pan and drizzle butter on top. Great with any juicy fruit - peaches, blackberries, blueberries, etc.

Back
Top Bottom