Looking for information on age of lay by breed

chikingrrl

In the Brooder
Jun 2, 2015
warrenton mo
Hello everyone! I am writing a journal and collecting information for specific breeds. at this time i am looking for a projected age of lay on all breeds. For example Australorp projected age of lay is 20-22 weeks. Any breed specific age of lay info will be greatly appreciated. Thank you all for your time and responses in advance! Hope everyone is having a good time with their chickens i know im enjoying mine.

I've raised everyone of my flock of 30 from a hatchling, all are my feathered children. Thanks again.

Serama-between 16 -20 weeks. I have one that started to lay at just over 12 weeks; she went broody and, hopefully, will hatch chicks this weekend. She is now 4 months eleven days old.

Serama-between 16 -20 weeks. I have one that started to lay at just over 12 weeks; she went broody and, hopefully, will hatch chicks this weekend. She is now 4 months eleven days old.
Wow that seems like some kind of record...12 weeks. and congratulations on your soon to hatch new babies!!! Thank you for the info!

Wow that seems like some kind of record...12 weeks. and congratulations on your soon to hatch new babies!!! Thank you for the info!
I just hope they do hatch. Like a twit I took four of the hen's eggs a gave them to an older, experienced hen; young roosters destroyed the nest and eggs. If only I had left all 6 under the serama pullet instead of thinking she was too young to be a good brooder and mom. So my hopes are on two eggs. Live and learn.

I just hope they do hatch.  Like a twit I took four of the hen's eggs a gave them to an older, experienced hen; young roosters destroyed the nest and eggs.  If only I had left all 6 under the serama pullet instead of thinking she was too young to be a good brooder and mom.  So my hopes are on two eggs. Live and learn. 
You Will Have To Let Me Know If They Hatch :)

Didour eggs hatch? Its so eggciting lol!
Regretfully no. Both died in the shell; possibly the result of the 25% lethal factor short legged serama carry. Very disappointing in that I took four eggs from, what turned out to be, an excellent brooder and had them get ruined under an experienced hen. Maybe next time.

Regretfully no. Both died in the shell; possibly the result of the 25% lethal factor short legged serama carry. Very disappointing in that I took four eggs from, what turned out to be, an excellent brooder and had them get ruined under an experienced hen. Maybe next time.
So sorry to hear that......i hope you have better luck next time.
hugs.gif

my 21 week old NN has just layed her first egg!
Congratulations!!! im new to this what does NN stand for?

Back
Top Bottom