Looking for reassurance about keets

Hentherapist

In the Brooder
Mar 1, 2017
My keets, 16 of them, were hatched May 16. They have steadily outgrown their brooders, and are now in a kiddie pool surrounded by a exercise pen topped with netting, in our garage. I want to move them into an outside run, not with other birds. The daytime temps are over 85, and at night the lows are 70. Any reason I can't? Oh, obviously these are my first keets. But I have had chickens for years. Thanks for any input.

My keets, 16 of them, were hatched May 16. They have steadily outgrown their brooders, and are now in a kiddie pool surrounded by a exercise pen topped with netting, in our garage. I want to move them into an outside run, not with other birds. The daytime temps are over 85, and at night the lows are 70. Any reason I can't? Oh, obviously these are my first keets. But I have had chickens for years. Thanks for any input.
Check out the Moving Keets outside? thread.

If your outside coop is snake proof, I would move them as the temps seem pretty good for that. But we have big blacksnakes in my area and my coops are not snake proof. :( We have lost them as large as six week to a big blacksnake.

Back
Top Bottom