Looking for Spent Hens

Hi Everyone. I found my girls! there are live poultry markets in Patterson NJ and in Queen, Bronx and Brooklyn. I visited a few stores in Patterson and one store will sell them too me. I am waiting for my coop to get set up at my new house then I'm off to Patterson with a fistful of twenties. I learned that many of the live poultry stores also have silkies as they are considered a delicacy in the immigrant communities for their black meat and bones. These 6-month-old silkies are not fat but rather intentionally bred larger than the traditional bantams since they are sold by the pound. I might get one or two silkies as well. I was fearful to add silkies as I heard that smaller birds get picked on. I am so excited. Momma's coming for you girls! Hang tight...

Hi Everyone. I found my girls! there are live poultry markets in Patterson NJ and in Queen, Bronx and Brooklyn. I visited a few stores in Patterson and one store will sell them too me. I am waiting for my coop to get set up at my new house then I'm off to Patterson with a fistful of twenties. I learned that many of the live poultry stores also have silkies as they are considered a delicacy in the immigrant communities for their black meat and bones. These 6-month-old silkies are not fat but rather intentionally bred larger than the traditional bantams since they are sold by the pound. I might get one or two silkies as well. I was fearful to add silkies as I heard that smaller birds get picked on. I am so excited. Momma's coming for you girls! Hang tight...
That’s awesome! I will have to make a trip to Patterson now. Are you going to buy Leghorns or the brown egg laying breeds? How many will you buy?

Last edited:
Awesome! Congratulations!!:clap

Congratulations! :woot

1194610-fa6c82b73dd5829fc6acafd6a2529984.gif
INTERESTING THREAD.jpg
1195825-097cc9f6ca13c042da57a462dc7e1ccd.jpg.png

Congratulations! I have 3 rescue chickens. It's a good feeling knowing you have saved their lives. Good Luck and enjoy watching them. Fun watching their personalities really come out.

Back
Top Bottom