Looking for starling as a pet

welcome-byc.gif

I don't know if it is legal to have one as a pet. I know some folks say they can be good talkers
Because they are considered an invasive species, the laws tend to be pretty loose but I would definitely check them out first. Sometimes you can hook up with a rehab group who are almost always looking for people to raise baby birds but even some of them won't take starlings. They are fun to raise and will follow you around for quite a while after launching. A very special starling named Hombre was the reason I got into bird research and ultimately took me to International Science and Engineering Fair in my youth.... (Chickens were just a natural progression...)

Welcome to BYC, must it be a starling?
smile.png
could you think of a Myna? they chatter all day and talk to you I can send you some of mine lol I have thousands.

Enjoy BYC

Howdy Pat
frow.gif
Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Thank you everyone for letting me join. Mynah birds are my dream but their very expensive.

Back
Top Bottom