Looking for the person who........

SandyK

Crowing
14 Years
Jul 8, 2009
Eldersburg, Maryland
Back a few weeks ago, I was searching for info on bumblefoot and found a person here who sold meds on their site. I thought I had marked it but now can't find her. Please PM me if you read this!!

My Cochin Roo has bumblefoot in his toe. I tried myself and it just wouldn't go away. Finally I took him to the vet, a good avian vet, $400 including meds. He actually had to cut off the toe. Two weeks of keeping it dry and clean with meds should have cleared it up. Now the side where the incision was made and the bottom of pad is infected just as bad. I'm back to trying to get it under control myself. Just can't afford any more vet bills like that.

One thing my vet said was no neosporin on it. He said just sprinkle some sugar on the wound and wrap it up. I was surprised since I've read here over and over to use it.

Again, anyone who knows where I might get antibiotics at a reasonable cost, please let me know.

Thanks so much,
Sandy

Thanks so much for your replies, but this was a posted on BackYardChickens that said she also sold meds and to contact her if we needed something. She had her own website. I'm still going through old posts trying my best to find her too.

Back
Top Bottom