Looking for these EGGS:

ezbird

Songster
11 Years
Mar 15, 2008
Anyone here have self blue or blue mottled D'uccle eggs, I would like some in the fall. I wanted to see if they were ever available.

What is the difference between the self blue and porcelain? I have one porcelain chick - sex unknown at this point
big_smile.png
-the rest of mine are supposedly mille fleur but some of them are yellow and and red color the others are red with some blue in their down. All of them seem to be feathering out mille fleur at this point.

jab91864 has Self-Blue d'Uccles
smile.png
Not sure if she has any eggs available right now... but I got some from her this spring and hatched a little boy
big_smile.png
(I had other eggs from her as well that hatched wonderfully
big_smile.png
)

Here's my little guy
big_smile.png

100_4869Medium.jpg

Self-Blue is a solid shade of Lavender that breeds true in the respect that if you breed two Self-Blue birds you get 100% Self-blue chicks
smile.png
Porcelain Mille Fleur is Mille Fleur but lacking certain pigments. Red and Black maybe???? I don't remember exactly how that works
tongue.png

so mine is porcelain because it has some (very little) of the cream/biege color correct? We got ours through our very nice feed store when we wanted a "couple" day old chicks to go with the EE. She just told my hubby who is further behind on the chicken learning curve that she thought it was a porcelain.

Quote:
o. m. g. holy poop. i orderd mixed banty eggs from jab91864 a few months ago... and i had 7 chicks hatch.... i kept one... i had a heck of a time figuring out what it was... mabye a favorelle.. silkie.. cochin? NOPE... i named it poe.. and its a split image of ur little guy! looks like a got me a self blue d'uccleQ!!!! WPPPWOOHOOO!!!! hey i have ur little mans bro!! i was hoping it be a irl tho... one of the others i sold i just realized is a self blue also.. and it was a girl!! omg.. i need to go find that lady i sold that chick to! and buy it back. or SOMETHING!! then id have a pair!

Tooo Funny
lau.gif
Well now I know of one person at BYC that has a self blue breeder, thanks Guitartists.

LOL
lol.png
I was hoping for a girl.... my only other d'Uccle Roxie only has eyes for Charli the big fugly Silkie! LMAO

Guitartists, the picture of your D'uccle looks more white than a lavender or a self blue. It's a pretty chicken anyway.

This is my Lavender:

P1010038.jpg

Back
Top Bottom