Looking for these EGGS:

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by ezbird, Jul 19, 2008.

1. ezbird

ezbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Anyone here have self blue or blue mottled D'uccle eggs, I would like some in the fall. I wanted to see if they were ever available.

2. ezbird

Mar 15, 2008
    Anyone?

3. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    What is the difference between the self blue and porcelain? I have one porcelain chick - sex unknown at this point [​IMG] -the rest of mine are supposedly mille fleur but some of them are yellow and and red color the others are red with some blue in their down. All of them seem to be feathering out mille fleur at this point.

4. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    jab91864 has Self-Blue d'Uccles [​IMG] Not sure if she has any eggs available right now... but I got some from her this spring and hatched a little boy [​IMG] (I had other eggs from her as well that hatched wonderfully [​IMG] )

Here's my little guy [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Self-Blue is a solid shade of Lavender that breeds true in the respect that if you breed two Self-Blue birds you get 100% Self-blue chicks [​IMG] Porcelain Mille Fleur is Mille Fleur but lacking certain pigments. Red and Black maybe???? I don't remember exactly how that works [​IMG]

5. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    after all those cool charts on the lavender/ lavender split gene - your not sure how it works???? SHEESH!!!![​IMG]

6. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    so mine is porcelain because it has some (very little) of the cream/biege color correct? We got ours through our very nice feed store when we wanted a "couple" day old chicks to go with the EE. She just told my hubby who is further behind on the chicken learning curve that she thought it was a porcelain.

7. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

Quote:o. m. g. holy poop. i orderd mixed banty eggs from jab91864 a few months ago... and i had 7 chicks hatch.... i kept one... i had a heck of a time figuring out what it was... mabye a favorelle.. silkie.. cochin? NOPE... i named it poe.. and its a split image of ur little guy! looks like a got me a self blue d'uccleQ!!!! WPPPWOOHOOO!!!! hey i have ur little mans bro!! i was hoping it be a irl tho... one of the others i sold i just realized is a self blue also.. and it was a girl!! omg.. i need to go find that lady i sold that chick to! and buy it back. or SOMETHING!! then id have a pair!

8. ezbird

Mar 15, 2008
    Tooo Funny [​IMG] Well now I know of one person at BYC that has a self blue breeder, thanks Guitartists.

9. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    LOL [​IMG] I was hoping for a girl.... my only other d'Uccle Roxie only has eyes for Charli the big fugly Silkie! LMAO

10. ezbird

Mar 15, 2008
    Guitartists, the picture of your D'uccle looks more white than a lavender or a self blue. It's a pretty chicken anyway.

This is my Lavender:

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by