Looking for ways to attach chicken wire to chainlink!

I also used electric horse fence wire and made myself a "needle" for it with a piece of a wire hanger that I wove in and out of the hardware cloth to connect it all together. Made it much easier on the fingers after battling it out with all that hardware cloth cutting!
I pulled it tight so nothing could get under the wire and twisted it shut with pliers. Easy peasy!

I'm attaching chicken wire to chain link fence in a highly-visible area. Used zip ties to get the job done, but it's very unsightly, so I'm going to go back and "thread" Fireline through the links by weaving it through the openings & tying it in multiple places. It's amazing stuff, generally pretty shred-resistant, but obviously have to be careful with metal.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 10.51.10 AM.jpeg
    Screenshot 2024-04-09 at 10.51.10 AM.jpeg
    151 KB · Views: 1
I'm attaching chicken wire to chain link fence in a highly-visible area. Used zip ties to get the job done, but it's very unsightly, so I'm going to go back and "thread" Fireline through the links by weaving it through the openings & tying it in multiple places. It's amazing stuff, generally pretty shred-resistant, but obviously have to be careful with metal.
:welcomeHello and welcome. this is an old thread that may not get much notice.

I used rebar twist ties. These are in the concrete section of your local big box hardware store. They're used to tie rear in place.
They require a special tool called a twister. About $9.00. The twister and 100 ties cost less than 100 zip ties. Using the twister is easy to figure out. The sun and curious chickens don't affect the rear ties.

Back
Top Bottom