Looking to buy a SMALL incubator

I had bought a Chinese yellow top incubator that was junk, $60, and it had a dumb alarm that would go off all the time, and the FI, and the LG incubators don't have the alarms. The yellow top quit in the middle of trying to hatch shipped eggs and I had to order the FI incubator on line and had to wait one week for it to arrive. (After waiting for one I ordered on line and it ended up being fake.) When I used my own eggs in those FI, and LG incubators, on some of the hatches I would get 100%.

Have you considered building a diy incubator? My total cost was 25 dollars. Though you do need some tools and screws.

There are some post showing how it's constructed. Just search for it.

That incubator on Amazon is total junk. You minus well throw your money in the toilet and flush it.

If you don't want to have to wire your own DIY lamp, I use a clam lamp or any lamp below are pictures for examples.
Below I have gathered materials that you prolly have sitting around your house. 10''x10'' box. Tape, (not in pictures but kabab skewers to support basket/ made of hardware cloth.) a foam lid. Foil. A 15 w bulb.

90j.PNG

Below cut a hole in the box for the lamp to go through...
90v.PNG

put down foil, on the floor of the box. Then fish the lamp through and on top of the foil 15 w bulb. Hang the basket 4 '' from the top, I would rest it on poked through the box, wooden kabob skewers, and you can tape it also. Tape edges well so chicks cannot slip through the egdes when they hatch.
90x.PNG

I have a foam lid on this, but you can have a solid box lid, and on top a glass lid from a pic frame (Just cut a hole in the box. This glass lid is what you would use to lift (not the foam) to turn eggs. (The foam lid is taped down.) Poke holes in lower part of incubator, and upper part of incubator to create "still air effect." and oxygen draw.
90z.PNG

Below is a pic of it warming up.
90m.PNG

If the egg wire basket tray is too warm add on top of the wire and under the eggs a loosely woven cloth, leaving the edges of the wire more open for air flow.

Back
Top Bottom