Looking to buy farm...N Ga, Tn, Western SC or NC, Ky, WV......

tropical chicken

In the Brooder
13 Years
Jan 22, 2007
St. Petersburg, Fl
Hi all,
We are thoroughly SICK of the city life and are looking to buy a farm w/ house and barn and 20 or more acres. House needs to be in good condition, around 2000 sqft. Would prefer something not far from a big city (less than an hours drive), so DH can still work.
Totally sick of Insurance runarounds, high taxes, congested traffic, neighbors within spitting distance, and, of course, hurricanes!
Please email me at my Yahoo account if you know of anything, K?
big_smile.png
Thanks!
big_smile.png

[email protected]

Last edited:
I totally understand. We left Fl for N. Louisiana for many of the same reasons. Like Ivan. Yup, I can relate. Can't help you in your quest, though. Sorry. Good luck on your move!

teapot.gif

And dont forget, you need a really big chicken coop, and fruit trees, and shade trees, and a good well, and a pond for the ducks n geese, and a guest house, and access to high speed internet........ oh wait, thats my wish list, LOL.

Try searching here, too:
http://www.unitedcountry.com/

chel

Any idea what price range you are looking for? I'm in the WV area & could do some lookups since I can find most of the zip codes easily to do lookups. Also, what are you looking for as 1-2 story, basement, etc? Most homes in WV do have basements. Hard to find one without one. I live in the country but am 20-30 minutes away from most bussinesses. Also, helps to know what type jobs you'd be looking for as area also. Would be more than glad to look up property in the WV & VA areas.

Here's a website with a dropdown box on the left to search up by state. In the WV area it list an old farmhouse & it's large. But, it's only 1/2 acre tho.

http://hometoursonline.net/main/

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Ditzzy, we need at the very least 10 acres, more like 20...we already have 1/2 acre here in the city...
wink.png

One story with basement is good. DH likes block homes, not frame. Perimeter fencing would be good, too.
We are looking for someone who is a bit desperate and NEEDS to sell, lol, as we can only spend $250,000, tops. And would like to spend a WHOLE lot less than that.
Thanks.
Oh, and DH is a master plumber, but he can also do Hospital maintenance or something in that field.
We have 3 properties we need to sell here too, and the market is slowing down.......sigh.....

Last edited:
You are going to have a hard time finding something with 20 acres less than an hour from a big city. 250,00 or less forget it! We are in the same boat as you are so we feel your pain. I guess it all depends on how big a city you need to live near. We have had some luck looking in Mo. but not within an hour of St. louis or Kc maybe within an hour of Springfield which is a mid sized town. Good luck,

Chris

places there are expensive eh?? here were I live you can get a 50 acre farm with 30 acres of hay..biggg barn..nice 4 bdrm house..and a guest house..tons of stalls and pastures..ect for only 300k. But of course I am still stuck in the city:mad:

Back
Top Bottom