Looks like we could order 10 - 15...from where??

JeninMN

Songster
11 Years
Apr 3, 2008
Hi!
We are looking at ordering another 10 to 15 chicks...thats about all the room we have at this point it sounds like...

The country store we ordered thru last year here in town only can order us a minimum of 25.

So....I am in MN...who is best to order from and can they send me 10 chicks only???

Thank you!!!

Jen

Be careful, Ideal charges for only having a small order and not filling the box. Just found that out. mypetchicken.com does small orders too.

I just looked into placing a small order with My Pet Chicken and was appalled to find that 5 chicks was going to run me over $60 with shipping and handling.
ep.gif

You could try spliting an order with someone on here from MN.
I know there are a lot of us!

Or craigslist has a bunch of chick postings right now.

It is true that with Ideal they have a $25 minimum order. What you can do is create a cart: select all the chickens that you want & get your order up to meet their minimum - go through the checkout procedure (stopping short of entering your credit card) and it will tell you the full price that you will be charged. What that gave me is what my credit card was charged.

You get an "estimate" by following the procedure above.

I just ordered 16 chicks from them & my total was $57.06 - including the small order charge, packing, & shipping. TOTAL. No hidden charges.

Good luck!

I just ordered from Ideal.

4 bantam cochin assort 8.76 (2.19 ea)
4 frizzle assort 10.28 (2.57ea)
2 Jersy Giant Males 2.46 (1.23 ea)

The minimum was 20.00,

I hit that with the birds, (went over a buck and a half ) had a 7.00 charge for less than 25
Then there was the 1.00 charge per type. (3 types, so 3.00)

My total was 31.50
No hidden fees or anything.

Shipping was free. but I am in Texas in the 75951 zipcode.

I just checked it again. and the minimum order is 20.00.
They must have changed it. ??

If you live out of what looks like the southern region, they charge you .15 cents a bird I think.. that part was clear as mud to me.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom