Looky what we caught tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im sorry if your gonna kill it I really think you should do it humanly not allow a dog to tear it to pieces. Just my honest opinion.

hmm.png

Last edited:
I third that. Afterall, it's not any different than a raccoon tearing up a chicken...which is apparently why everyone here hates them so much. The only difference is in this case it would be, what? A source of sick entertainment? In the coon's case it's for survival.

Please don't be cruel.

Roast Raccoon with Stuffing, uuuuummmmm sounds good! I've never tried coon, but will never say never. We don't play NICE with the coons. Two years ago we had our only broody hatch out 10 chicks, they were 2 days old. A coon ripped their heads off, the mom too. Dh has seen what the dogs do in action, they run the coon and tree it, then the friend dispatches it. There ARE dogs bred and trained this way are there not? Various coon hounds, treeing walker, etc...

Last edited:
b.hromada :

Quote:
I agree.

actually coon hounds are trained to run it up a tree. Then it is humanly dispatched by human hands.
smile.png

PS, read Where the red fern grows
smile.png
Great story about coon hounds!​

I fail to see how being chased and terrified before being killed is in any way humane.........its one thing when its a coon on the loose and the dogs are being used to find it.....but when its n animal that's already captured and terrified that's just adding insult to injury and is really cruel in my opinion. No different from using a coon as bait for training fighting pitt bulls....... The poor thing is a wild animal doing what they do naturally...its not being vindictive. Allowing dogs to chase it and tree it before killing it is vindictive. It's one thing to kill it, its another to torture it before doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom