lopsided chicky

bluedawg

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
Croton on Hudson
One of my chicks that just hatched out yesterday is having trouble balancing. Not just a little trouble like the others but a lot of trouble...sems to have no equalibrium. It's the fluffy chick lying on it's side in this photo. Does anyone have experience with this? I have separated it from the rest with a devider because the others peck at each other as it is and would make a meal of this poor defensles chick.

12827_dsc_0006.jpg

Hi, No. when he is upright he sits propper. he even manages to stand. moving is problem... totally having coordination problems. He has no balance. If you stand up and spin around as fast as you can for as long as you can and then try to walk straight.... that's exactly how he walks.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry about the poor chick. I had a chick like that and it died after the 3rd day. Some sort of brain disorder. Maybe you could try some vitamins in it's water.
Is that cracked corn in your chick feeder? They shouldn't have any scratch or corn so young...just chick starter.
Thanks for the pic and even though mine didn't make it, maybe yours will pull through.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Nope, It is Blue Seal Chick Starter, not cracked corn. Thanks for the heads up though. I don't feel this little guy will die. He seams awfully happy. I think he may be improving already. Actually this is day three and he shows no sign of giving up.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom