LOS ANGELES county CA under bird quarantine :(

Pics
All very valid points. People will wisen up and start moving there birds to safe locations to avoid this hassle. I’m interested in why biosecurity is lacking and why protocols aren’t being followed.
Yeah you would expect the exact opposite effect. The increased depopulation started like May 1 in Riverside Co, in Perris, Norco, Mira Loma. They really need to be more specific about what cities these new cases are being found in for people to extrapolate. A more informed public could result in a less panicked public. And as you say, is lack of biosecurity by USDA/CDFA actually unnecessarily spreading the disease?
This is horrible...I want to click my heels and be back in Kansas.

Yeah you would expect the exact opposite effect. The increased depopulation started like May 1 in Riverside Co, in Perris, Norco, Mira Loma. They really need to be more specific about what cities these new cases are being found in for people to extrapolate. A more informed public could result in a less panicked public. And as you say, is lack of biosecurity by USDA/CDFA actually unnecessarily spreading the disease?
This is horrible...I want to click my heels and be back in Kansas.

The chatter on the page is that they are focused on Mira Loma and areas around Perris over the past month. Residents there are now noting how they're seeing fewer birds around. But if you look at the spread map, the spread looks worse. That they haven't been consistently observed testing birds prior to disposal, nor retain carcasses for testing, has led residents to wonder if this isn't a spread map but a depopulation map. These aren't weirdo conspiracy nuts; they are the most normal Californians you'd ever meet. Their reaction is entirely normal to being told contradictory info for going on two months now while worrying about unannounced break-ins to their yards.

I don't know if anyone saw these letters (scroll past my rant) but here you guys go and some rambling thoughts.

Bottom line for me regarding vND is no one is winning. This is a lose lose situation for everyone especially because emotions are so high. I feel scared to comment at times because someone always says something mean or takes things out of context but here I go ranting. Yes I do think some of the people in white suits are not being the most humane and considerate of the owners who consider their chickens as pets or family members but I have heard just as many stories of chicken owners hiding/moving chickens. I see posts all the time of people trying to sell/ move chickens that still have no idea of vND. Having said that..... to all that have lost their chickens...my heart goes out. I'm sorry you are actually living my nightmare. To those who are going house to house killing chickens, "can you please give us a few seconds to say goodbye. To grieve. We are losing our pets/ family. Have some compassion it just takes a second. Not everyone is fighting you. They are just devastated. "
FB_IMG_1558626558539.jpg

FB_IMG_1558627073038.jpg

Owners of Feathered pets have completely lost faith in the CDFA because of their zero transparency. Executing Healthy Feathered pets/animals whose owners are following proper quarantine guidelines in addition to following bio-hazardous protocol's on their property is NOT the answer .
Welcome @Ksuprima. I think you will find no one participating in this thread who is closely following the outbreak and its aftermath will disagree with your statement.
Are you a CA resident?

Back
Top Bottom