LOS ANGELES county CA under bird quarantine :(

Pics
So, they go house to house block by block...I certainly hope they got a clean suit and booty covers when they get to my house, or I ain't letting them on the property! Where I am in the QZ they might get here by next year

https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/newsroom/stakeholder-info/sa_by_date/2019/sa-03/vnd-funding

Maybe someone can explain to me why the feds and state are focusing on policing and euthanizing backyard chicken flocks when it’s been proven the primary spread of the disease has been caused by poultry shows and underground cockfighting rings moving around?

What is the connection to the above to “backyard chicken flocks?”

Because that’s all they have the jurisdiction to do? The government has every jurisdiction to shut down all poultry shows, not just recommend to do so. Because they don’t have a “cockfighting ring police?”

I don’t understand why the next move is not shutting down ALL bird shows, financially penalizing all people moving birds out of quarantine areas, policing cockfighting rings and policing the southern border for additional sick birds. It seems like they are using a 20 year old approach, and we are with this funding at about 200 million dollars now and a million birds.

Maybe they don’t want to give away their approach? A lot of misinformation to the public.

Please educate me...I welcome it.
"cause it's the gubment?"

Good news!
The bird vet I go to instituted the bio security protocol that adobe did. The one where they see chickens in the parking lot only. There must have been an advisory go out.
I’m going to the feed store tomorrow and will be interested to see if they have instituted a bio security protocol.
Really weird to have to do a spray down after I go to the feed store to pick up feed. Sigh.
Looks like cases in riverside and San Bernardino are still trickling in, but seems to be sticking to that. Fingers crossed.

Saw this update. Somewhat informative so thought I'd share
Screenshot_20190328-164438_Drive.jpg

I went to the bird vet today...checking on a bumblefoot case.
They (I won’t divulge what roles at the vet) said they heard that the USDA/CDFA doesn’t know where the Redwood City bird was located or what it exposed, apparently because the owner has been extremely uncooperative. It was a cockfighting rooster moved from scal is what they heard.

Last edited:
I hate how the stories always refer to birds like the one in Redwood City as from "backyard flocks." If its true that this was a cock fighting bird, I wish the articles would say so. I don't like the implication that people keeping chickens in their backyards for eggs and pets are some how the root of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom