Losing ALOT of Eggs!!

Chevis

Songster
9 Years
May 4, 2010
Brunot
I bought some Hatching eggs, and but them n my bator and I went to candle them, I had some sticking to my egg turner. I mean stuck like GLUE! The ones that did bust the bottem part of the shell is still n the slot cause it WILL NOT come up! I did notice on some of the eggs that were sticking, had a yellowish hard droplets on the outside of the shells??? Not a big bunch but there is a few. PLEASE! I need some help before I lose any more eggs!

Hi Chevis! Those aren't the Am' eggs from here, are they? Yikes! I can't imagine why, unless they just didn't travel well or got too hot in shipping.
I'd take them all out and clean/disinfect the turner as best/quick as I could.
smile.png

Lisa

Quote:
Oh no not those, some other ones i have . Y should I disinfect the bator? Dont the eggs usually smell bad when they go bad? When they busted the didnt smell bad at all.

Hi ! I think ooze/weeping is always sign there is something going *bad wrong* in the egg.
I've gotten noticably old eggs twice in the mail (only once before I learned to candle shipped eggs prior to setting them) and had a big mess of weeping eggs that all exploded (under hens) well before Day 21 ever rolled around.
Not to say that is the issue with yours. Shipping can always be rough on eggs and this time of year, heat can do funny things to fertile eggs.
You don't want any *foreign matter* in the incubator that can cause more *funk*, if it wasn't smelling already, it will be soon. I'd clean it and reload the eggs.
Good luck!
smile.png

Lisa

Back
Top Bottom