Losing hope in Ducks Starting to Lay

Derrick (my cayuga) stated laying the second week in October. She's really sporadic though. Only 6 eggs total since she started.

This is all well and good, it just means you need to be patient. You start a forum thread about your ducks not laying you should not be a smarty pants when someone tells you how to fix your problem.

It was an update to my previously existing thread. That’s what people do...update. Thanks for your input though.

I don’t add light either I just let them come into lay when their ready. Once eggs start coming you’ll have more eggs than you’ll know what to do with. And you’ll forget about how long you waited for that first egg!

Light does not matter to dux.....they are always in the dark!!

I happen to come across this photo of dux that found the perfect place to lay.....
56BC1E0D-CE42-4398-B82C-190E3A579DD5.jpeg

:lau:gig:lau

My chickens have stopped laying but I get a turkey egg every couple days.....turkeys aren’t a whole lot smarter than dux....turkeys just smell a whole lot better.....

I will start putting lights on mine around thanksgiving...I should have fertile eggs a couple weeks after that.:old

Update to finish thread (for future information seekers):

It is Feb 28/2020 today and I Finally got my first egg! No idea who laid it but I am now looking forward to seeing more in the coming weeks.

Ducks will eventually lay you may just have to wait until the following spring after they are born.

Update to finish thread (for future information seekers):

It is Feb 28/2020 today and I Finally got my first egg! No idea who laid it but I am now looking forward to seeing more in the coming weeks.

Ducks will eventually lay you may just have to wait until the following spring after they are born.

Congratulations!

My East Indies haven't laid yet and they were born last spring.

Back
Top Bottom