Lost 10 cockerels while I was out of town

Buster

Back to Work
12 Years
Jan 4, 2008
The Frozen Wasteland of Idaho
I was working out of town this week and came home to 10 less cockerels running around this place. It was actually a well planned, carefully orchestrated strike against the little food moochers. They were all about 10 weeks old and we have a kids' rodeo coming up this weekend that my children are participating in. There is a chicken scramble at the end of each night so we donated 5 light brahmas, 3 ameraucanas, 1 rlw cornish and 1 cuckoo silkie cockerel. This is how we got started in chickens so maybe we can pass on the tradition.

DW called while she was catching all of them and asked if my splash orp cockerel (Geronimo) was going to the rodeo. I said "NO WAY!" I need him.

That should ease the feed bill a bit. I know that it eased the number of chickens I have from around forty to around thirty.
lol.png

You brought a cuckoo silkie roo! Buster!!! You should of sent him to me! I have a gorgeous black pullet that would have loved him.

Well, I had to make a decision and I had two cockerels, one splash and one blue, and a blue hen. I kept the splash so that I will end up with blue and splash babies. I originally wasn't going to send either of them but DW called and said there was no point in keeping two roos and one hen so I had the last say in it. I think I picked right. Too late now if I didn't LOL.

Quote:
Well then I think you owe me some blue and splash eggs when they start laying
wink.png

But of course- I really need some SL Polish anyway. Maybe we can trade this fall.

You've got a deal
big_smile.png

Cool!

I'm really looking forward to the rodeo this year. Both my boys are old enough to participate this year. One will be participating in a ribbon pull where they pull ribbons off of goats and the other will be in a stick pony race. Both will be in the chicken scramble but I'll either give those away before we leave or keep them on the other end of my property for a long long time.

Back
Top Bottom