lost 11 chickens in 7 days need help need help

The university of Queensland would be your best bet. They seem to be dying at a very rapid rate are you sure that they don't have access to something that may have gone off and be rancid ? Salmonella poisoning kills very quickly. Also with the heat we are experiencing I would go out and check all of the watering stations, empty them and be sure they have fresh water daily.

http://www.uq.edu.au/vetschool/vmc

Thanks for all the information everyone and ill get to the bottome of whatever this illness is I havnt had any fatalities today and I dont have any of the chickens that passed away cause I buried them after they passed away and I they dont have access to anything thats gone off I thought a toad but it wouldnt have spread if I susspect another hen is sick ill take her to the vet but at the momment there all eating and drinking and running around which I thought was odd cause the sick ones wouldnt walk or eat/drink

Last edited:
The reason I suggested taking a dead one to the vet is because it's cheaper than with a live one. I'm hearing you guys are having a heat problem. We are having a blizzard today and we have to worry about ours freezing to death.

Im sorry to hear about your blizzard I hope your chickens and everyone one is okay and I know it will be cheaper lipschicks but wouldnt the body get contaminated after they have already been buried?

I think you need to treat them with Corid for coccidia. I would not hurt to worm them with Safeguard. Don't use Wasine, it only kills round worms.
I totally agree. Treat them with Corid or sulfadimethoxine right away. That's the most common killer of chickens.

Back
Top Bottom