lost 4 turkeys

wynedot55

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
well ive lost 4 turkeys over the weekend.i let them frreeerange all the time an never had a prob.as yall know if they dont want to go into the coop they wont.so i quit making them since they roosted in a safe place.i noticed 2 toms an 2 hens gone sun evening.thought they was out grazing.but they didnt come to roost.an i dont know how a vermitt could kill all 4.theres no feathers no signs of nothing.so im thinking they wondered off an got lost.or some1 caught or shot them.really dont know what happened to them.

Sorry to hear that. Hope they're in shape to wander back. Do you have Wild Easterns in the neighborhood? Ours our getting busy here in MO., big Gobblers crossing the driveway this past Friday (sometimes domestics go native). Hope it isn't the usual: (dog/coyote/human).

Well, depending on where you live, maybe someone was out poaching on a Sunday? Our wild turkey hunting season started Saturday here.

Sorry about you birds.
sad.png

theyve been gone 4 days now.an i know they arnt coming back.their are no wild turkeys in this part of texas.maybe ill get some more turkeys next year whon knows.

Hopefully your hens are sitting on a nest somewhere. Turkey hens will disappear and go broody out in a field.
Strange that both toms are gone though. I hope they come back to you.

well the toms are gone theres no doubt.an a day before they dissappeared the other hen appeared.an she stayed with them.so i know 4 are gone.an the last hen is sitting on her nest still.

Back
Top Bottom