Lost a chick...want another...no clue what it was!

Peacrazy

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 22, 2013
We purchased chicks from the local farm center. We did a hodge-podge of chicks. The one we recently lost to my neighbors cat....ugh! ( but it's just doing its natural thing I guess) . This chick was yound but fully feathered. It's body was a light gray and it's head was yellow-orange.....any ideas?

Yes I realize pictures would help.....if I had taken one of her before the cat ran off with her I would have posted it. But then again if the cat hadnot ate her I wouldnt be here asking for help.:( I knew it was a long shot to ask just thought someone might have a general idea what possible breed were those colors. Oh well.....it ww sworn a try.

Try finding a picture online. Feathersite.com has many photos of chicks. Also many breeds look nearly the same. Sometimes you can only tell the breed by leg color, comb type and body shape. You could go back to the farm store to see if they have another one, but you'll need to get at least two since the baby will need a buddy.

Good luck.

I would do a google image search with some of the specifications of your chick.
Start with "yellow and grey chick" and look and see if any images match what the chick looked like. Just keep modifying your search until you find it. I've found the breeds of a lot of my chickens that way. It's a good way to start. :)

Back
Top Bottom