Jun 16, 2023
San Diego, California
Hi! I’m a first time chicken mama to 2 chicks that were hatched at our elementary school. Would love some help identifying what we have.

They are 6-7 weeks old.

Thinking the brown one might be an Easter Egger because of the greenish feet? Also, it’s comb is completely flat against its head.

White one thinking Delaware, Colombian Wyandotte, or Light Sussex?? This one has a yellow comb still that is showing points.

Also - if there are any guesses as to gender, I know it’s too early to tell, but the brown one’s feet are SO BIG!

Thank you so much!
Clucky Chicky Mama

Attachments

• IMG_0381.jpeg
    IMG_0381.jpeg
    785.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0380.jpeg
    IMG_0380.jpeg
    782.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0377.jpeg
    IMG_0377.jpeg
    864.6 KB · Views: 26
Where were they purchased from? That will help with breed. As for gender, the white is a pullet, the brown is a cockerel.
They were donated to our elementary school - and we adopted them from the kindergarten when they were 2-3 weeks. I know from local farms associated with a couple of the kids in San Diego, but really it’s a complete mystery!

They were donated to our elementary school - and we adopted them from the kindergarten when they were 2-3 weeks. I know from local farms associated with a couple of the kids in San Diego, but really it’s a complete mystery!
Most often school project chicks turn out to be mixed breeds, and I think that is what these are. The white one could be a Delaware mix. The brown could be an Easter egger, or a mix of some game breed. They're very healthy looking!

Back
Top Bottom