Lost a lovely hen today :(

My little Copper crossed the rainbow bridge today. She’s only my second predator loss since I started keeping chickens in 2018. It breaks my heart. I will keep everyone in the run for a while until the hawk has moved on.
I free range all day (locked at night) with 17 chickens. This is such a rare occurrence - but it breaks me. I know that they’re happiest in the meadow and forest, but they will have to handle the run for a bit.

I’m just sharing her name and pic so that she can be in your thoughts if you want. 💔

View attachment 3630221View attachment 3630225
On the right with her sisters.
I am so sorry for your loss, what a beautiful beautiful bird! What kind is that? My bantam Nadine, she was so sweet, was taken by a hawk. Ive had about ten attempted hawk attacks, my Midnight, shes a bantam too, got attacked yesterday, shes so hurt i hope she makes it. I never had trouble with hawks before this year, its crazy. I wish i knew what to do. I think there is a family here in the woods

I am so sorry for your loss, what a beautiful beautiful bird! What kind is that? My bantam Nadine, she was so sweet, was taken by a hawk. Ive had about ten attempted hawk attacks, my Midnight, shes a bantam too, got attacked yesterday, shes so hurt i hope she makes it. I never had trouble with hawks before this year, its crazy. I wish i knew what to do. I think there is a family here in the woods
I’m so sorry to hear that. It is devastating. She’s a sebright.

My little Copper crossed the rainbow bridge today. She’s only my second predator loss since I started keeping chickens in 2018. It breaks my heart. I will keep everyone in the run for a while until the hawk has moved on.
I free range all day (locked at night) with 17 chickens. This is such a rare occurrence - but it breaks me. I know that they’re happiest in the meadow and forest, but they will have to handle the run for a bit.

I’m just sharing her name and pic so that she can be in your thoughts if you want. 💔

I'm so sorry! :hugs It is always so tough to lose one of your girls! She was a beautiful girl.

Better to die happy than to live a long life but never enjoy life. #Respect

Back
Top Bottom