Lost guinea :(

Badhbh

Songster
12 Years
Nov 16, 2007
Southern Indiana
Bosley and the girls were out scratching today when a lawnmower scared them. Bos went one way, and the girls went the other. I found him and the 2 white girls, but Samantha is nowhere to be found. They rarely ever leave the yard, so they've got good home training. What are the chances of her finding her way back? I know guineas aren't too smart. I'm worried about the poor thing.

Mine like to search out ways to vanish
hmm.png
Hope yours shows up soon!

i had a guinea get loose the first day i got her and she ran across the street into the woods and vanished . FOr a few days i seen her in the nieghbors yard across the street and then she vanished and i figured she got eaten . Well a month later i seen a nieghbor down the street and he asked me if i had lost a guinea becasue one showed up and roosts on the top of his chicken run at night .

She will show up or she will end up at a nieghbors !!!
Did i mention the neighbors house was about 40 houses down the street . In a wooded area filled with foxes,eagles,cyotes everything . She will be fine just keep a look out lol

Good luck

Guinea usually don't like to be by themselves. I would think she would start yelling for her buddies. Have you heard her? If mine are out of sight of each other they start "locating" the group.

I too hope you get her back. One of mine disappeared one evening as they were all going back to the coop. I knew something was really wrong when I saw only 1 guinea in there with the chickens; those two sisters stuck together like the Baldwin sisters on "The Waltons". I never saw her again, and found no sign whatsoever. I hope she flew off to escape a predator and found a nice safe place. (so says my heart. my head says chances aren't all that great, but at least there is a chance). Good wishes on her safe return

Back
Top Bottom