Lost hen

jwalz

In the Brooder
6 Years
Oct 5, 2013
Ok my wife let the girls out the coop theyre not that old just been in the coop for about 3 weeks so theyre bout 2 months old maybe .. And 1 is gone she's freaking out and feels bad yadda yadda .. I think its still around they were only out for 3 hours or so ... They have stuck together every other time I can't see the is one wondering off. .. Do they wonder by themselves or stay in a pack is my question...

If they stay in a pack wither she's there or the cat got her (but she hasn't messed with them yet or the neibors so why now ) ... Any info ?

tap'd via mobile device

Well it's hard to say. If you range your birds, you are bound to lose one at some point. It sucks, but it's part of it. I've lost 10 in the last two months (it's usually not that bad, but we had a fox problem). If they've always stayed together, she probably didn't just wander off. And I have three cats and they've never bothered them so it could be anything. I would scatter food around the coop and keep an eye out. Hope you find her!

Thats what I told the wife to do.. I'm away at work for the weekend and won't be home and she's there with our 2 kids one a year old so not the easiest thing to look for the hen its just above freezing back hone now so hope she's huddled under a bush or something .. Thanks for the input .... I havent seen a fox in the yard before but it isn't impossible either ... Keeping fingers crossed till I get home tomorrow night .. Again thank you

tap'd via mobile device

Well found a few feathers in the house when I came home last night so I'm think if the cat got her :(

tap'd via mobile device

It's definitely possible. You unfortunately can't tell for sure unless you find remains or tracks. That's the part that always bothers me the most, not knowing what's getting them.

Yeah the wife is pretty upset ... Called they guy we got them from waiting for a call back .. Just so happens it was her favorite (easter egger) ... I tell ya I have the best luck haha ...

tap'd via mobile device

Back
Top Bottom